Saturday, April 28, 2007

The anti-car.

I have crap luck with cars.

Now, I can understand why I've had crap luck with cars in the past. Being young, and broke, I'd buy cars with saved up cash, which meant cheap-ass cars, and something perennially wrong with them.

But then my last one threw a rod on the way home from work at three am, and i hadn't had enough saved up to cold buy a new one. So I went to the dealer and told them I was going to be getting a car.

And I got a sweet car. Really high interest (due to having a crapload of cash out on my credit for a house i no longer live in, but that's another story), but I got a sweet, low mileage, Grand Prix with serious horse.

It was pimp, and I kept it up pretty damned well. Then the thing started making this helicopter noise on the way back from chicago last weekend. I swore in the car for three solid hours as I nursed it home.

One guy said it was a collapsed lifter, a stretched rocker, and I was swearing up even more. Took it to the dealer, and said 'This car has way too few miles to be doing this'. They took it apart, say it's a rod bearing. They also say that they can probably get Pontiac to pay for it, as it shouldn't be doing that stuff.

Anyway, I've been carpooling to work lately, so it's only in the cramp-legged kia half the week. At least I have some wheels to borrow for the interim, I suppose.

In good news, Nine Inch Nails dropped another album last week and it is pretty killer. There's a whole huge internet entity around it, like there is messages from the future and all that...it's pretty cool to follow, if you're into that whole 'breaking the third wall' thing.

Anyway, onto official discussion stuff. There's been less and less saber requests coming in. I think this is good, because it shows that people actually like the options in the selector...although I'm sure that there will be a bunch of people getting promoted after the coming GJW. Cool stuff.

I have, however, been seeing a lot of requests for character images. And yeah, I do them...but they take me forever to do. So, If i told you I'd do one, please be patient, otherwise it'll either not get done, or end up looking like shite. I put about 1-2 hours of solid work into each, and that's not easy to budget with a 60 hour a week job and a girlfriend.

Otherwise, been working pretty solid on the H2H guide. Hopefully it'll launch soon.

As for Blog contests... This one will be a bit more complex. There's a competition that is on the DB site from me. It's fiction this time. Go find it and do it. First place gets robes and a shiney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home