Tuesday, November 07, 2006

projects: secret and otherwise.

I've been really busy lately, laying the groundwork for a bunch of secret projects that will make the DB about a thousand times cooler (in my estimation, anyway) and working on some of the projects already announced. So here, in a nutshell, is what I've been doing:


a.) Lightsabers! -- the lightsaber tool is cool, great and spiffy, but it's not got enough options, I think. And no one argues with me on that, because EVERYONE loves more choices. I've given a lot of graphics people around the chance to draw up a saber for me to use in the saber generator, and quite a few people did exactly that. Now, all i've got to do is standardize everything (muzify them :P) and upload them with all the shiny blade colors.

b.) Robes! -- same dance here....more options for the robes. everyone who reads my reports saw the GMRG armour in there...and yes, it'll be selectable depending on your rank in the GMRG...but there'll eventually be special robes you can get for being in the ACC (Dalthid, email me!), and in the Envoys as well. but, that's not the only new kits I'll be putting up. I'll be adding a handful of new robes styles up for mass consumption, too.

c.) Hand-to-Hand combat guide! --this is still plodding along. I've been pretty much slammed with working on this, and I hope to have it out pretty soon here. The number of martial styles in star wars is astounding... we're talking about a guide that's bigger than the lightsaber guide (which needs a few edits, while I'm thinking on it). But, with the sexy pdfs and all the cool layout skills and stuff, it'll look dead sexy. I suppose I could do some clickage here for you all. so here: clickage for 5meg teaser

d.) Secret project 1! -- this is going to need about 300 unique renders. I've been talking back and forth with our new Seneschal, about implementation of this and 'secret project 2'...which will hopefully be released at the same time. thankfully, Sildrin's a brilliant coder, and can probably write the necessary coding for this project in her sleep. i'm looking forward to it.

e.) Secret project 2! -- this part of the project is much more customizable, and will need about 600 renders. And let's just say that almost every one in the DB will love it. (except for that one guy, who'll hate it on principle. :P)

So yeah, I'm busy as hell. I do still get the time to do custom robes and such...(those two consuls I talked to should get theirs this weekend or thereabouts) but I think that my efforts will be pretty well received, as they will change a major aspect of the DB for the better. (and no, I'm not going to spill the beans on it here, so quit hyperventilating)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home