Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Screaming backwards...

..or 'Yawning', as most call it. Either way, I'm doing a bit more than usual of it today.

Well, that'd be because I was up way past my bedtime (for a weeknight, anyway) working on spiffy stuff with Jac for the Exodus celebration DV and so on. I'd say more, but i don't want to ruin the surprises... So check out the Dark Voice when it comes out. (Hey, kids, that's the DB's newsletter, if you didn't know.)

Anyway, for ramble factor (as this *is* a blog), my media player which has been on shuffle all day just started playing a Free-for-all song. For those of you unfamiliar with them, It's Cyris Oscura's band... he sings, and it's pretty durn good. I particularly like 'Drowning Youth', it's bloody catchy as all hell, and I've cought myself singing along to it in the car.

and yes, i just said 'durn' in a sentence. :P

And it occurs to me that there's a lot of musically talented people in the DB. Dalthid rocks hard on the Guitar (and Bass and so on), and Nekura Manji has his own viking style metal band, which I've heard good stuff from...

Cool story about that... During my ACC battles, my character goes a bit insane at times, and starts spitting verse. I don't know when exactly it started, but it's one of those things that just happens... anyway, in one of the last ACC CHL matches, Manji asked me if the verses i was using in it were mine, or if i ganked them from somewhere, because he wanted to use them in a song. Since they were mine, i hooked him up with the whole thing i had written (I only use about half the verses i actually write in the battles themselves), and he began working on it with his band. About a month ago, i got a video in the email showing his band practicing and, it turns out, doing that piece. I was positively jazzed.

I do music myself, but it's more electronica/industrial and whenever i write lyrics for a piece, i end up tossing them out because, frankly, I hate my voice. So it was pretty cool to hear my words sung in a song. Maybe i'm just being a geekdweeb about it, but the hell with it.

Anyway... I thought about a week ago (right around when Dalthid released 'Remember the Exodus', which has a gut-stomping guitar stream) that we should get all these musical people to lay don some tracks and put a CD together, maybe for charity, or for server donations, i dunno.

And there's my ramble for the day.

1 Comments:

Blogger DP Kaine Mandaala said...

There are many in the DJB who are musically inclined. I have planned to put my drumset together soon... it's been 13+ years.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home